Thursday, September 20, 2012

An Appeal From Fjordman

It doesn’t seem like a year, but has been that long since Fjordman last launched a appeal for funds. He asked us to post the message below, and you’ll notice a “Donate to Fjordman” button on our sidebar. If you click that, the money will go directly to him.

Anyone who wants to help out can add the Fjordman widget to their own sidebar. Drop us an email (gatesofvienna [at] chromatism [dot] net) and we’ll send you the necessary HTML code.

Fjordman

I haven’t posted any appeals for donations since late 2011. That’s partly because I have managed to stay afloat until now, but also because I don’t want to abuse the charity of my readers. I have decided that asking for donations once a year seems about right. No one can get rich from blogging, in any case.

I have been living on temporary addresses for a full year, with kind help from friends, after I was forced to evacuate my flat in Oslo in 2011. I intend to be installed in a new flat, hopefully also with a new job, within a few months. I will not move back to Norway but will live in exile for the foreseeable future. Apart from that, I will continue writing as before.

Last year’s donation drive was via Vlad Tepes blog. This year a new donation button for me has been introduced on the sidebar at Gates of Vienna. As I did last year, I will send a thank-you email to all of the donors individually, although I have to warn you: may take a few weeks before I have time to do all of them! If the internet has been functioning properly, all of you who donated last year have received an email.

Since I am asking for donations, it’s only fair that I tell you a little bit about my future plans.

At the time of writing, I am completing the manuscript for a book that will be partly about the Breivik case. I have chosen to call it Witness to Madness. This will probably be self-published and should be in circulation at Amazon.com and other venues within a few months, by early 2013 at the latest, most likely as both an ebook and as a printed paper book. At the time of writing I have surpassed 51,000 words that have already been edited and largely proofread. I am editing an analysis of Breivik’s so-called manifesto that will not be published in advance online, but will be exclusive to the book. When this is added within a few days, the word count for already edited material will be about 70,000 words.

Strictly speaking, this would be long enough to publish a full-length book if I so choose. However, I wish to include a bit more material before I publish, partly about how I experienced the Breivik case — including my meeting with Norwegian police — partly about Breivik’s psyche and the trial, and finally a section about the mass media and dishonest journalism. I have the option to include even more material than this, for instance about Islamization and Western appeasement.

I will wrap up the book at some point this fall and have already hired a proofreader. I can say with 100% confidence that the manuscript will be ready by the end of this year and should be in circulation by the beginning of 2013.

Thereafter I will complete the manuscript for my book The Curious Civilization, which was already 90% finished at the time of Anders Behring Breivik’s massacre. This text should be ready by the spring of 2013, but I’ll hope to find a regular publisher for this title from the start, so it won’t be in circulation for some time yet.

After that, I will complete a book about Islam, and why I don’t think it can be reformed. If everything goes well, this manuscript will be completed by the summer of 2013, but probably won’t be published until 2014.

I have plans for several more books, too, possibly one about the self-destruction of Sweden and its model of the welfare state; maybe one about the EU, or about what went wrong with Western civilization.

In the long run I have serious plans for a huge brick of a book of a thousand-plus pages about European accomplishments over the past 40,000 years, from beer to Beethoven. This ambitious project is going to take me several more years to complete, however. It won’t be in circulation any time soon.

For a complete archive of Fjordman’s writings, see the multi-index listing in the Fjordman Files.

4 comments:

Tiedar said...

It's gonna be published only on the .com store or also on the Amazon stores of the European Countries?
Keep up your good work and try to open more eyes.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all your great work Fjordman. As an amateur writer I am always impressed by the high level of your output and it's quality. How you managed to write so much over the years is impressive. When your book is out I'll be first in line.

Cheers from Down under.

Anonymous said...

Is it not astounding that somebody who openly criticises Marxist multiculturalism has had to seek exile from his country abroad. All the more astounding when we are not talking about countries that have experienced totalitarianism like Germany/Austria or Russia and Eastern Europe but Norway, from the dawn of time one of the most free and democratic countries in the world. Fjordman is now an outlaw, something that the Vikings did to those who had committed murder, not to those who defended freedom.

This action proves that Europe is now a Marxist totalitarian police state, even those parts of Europe like Scandinavia, the Netherlands, Belgium and the British Isles which have never known the like in their long history ( sorry some might quote Oliver Cromwell I suppose ).

Good luck to Fjordman. He is proving that in his veins is the blood of his Norwegian predecessors who stood up against the Nazis and against Vidkun Quisling. Unfortunately, some of his fellow Norwegians have obviously inherited the blood of the latter.

Good luck to him too in his effort to set down the immense contribution that Europe has made to the world, from Ancient Greece and Rome to the 17th and 18th century scientific revolution.

His stand, along with that of Geert Wilders make me a little ashamed of being English, after all there are few in Britain of a similar background who would have the courage to go to court to face a hate crime trial, although Professor Frank Ellis of Leeds University lost his post for speaking the truth.

In England we like to think that had the Nazis taken Britain we would have all stood firm and refused to co-operate as many Norwegians did. However, looking at Britain today and the fact that even if my fellow Britons realise they have been led by the nose into a police state they do not seem to care or protest then I wonder whether we would have fared any better than the Dutch or the Danes.

Anonymous said...

"Is it not astounding [..]has had to seek exile from his country abroad"

At which planet are you actually living? Fjordman is free to go to Norway at any time he wishes, there is nothing hindering him. He is not an outlaw.

That he has chosen to stay abroad has nothing to do with Norway, it has everything to do with Fjordman.